The Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020 advertisement has been released and available below. www.mercycorps.org recruitment, Mercy Corps Nigeria Vacancies 2019 Application Form, Mercy Corps Nigeria Jobs 2019, Mercy Corps Nigeria Career Portal, Requirements for Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment 2019, Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||Mercy Corps Nigeria|
|Deadline||November 15, 2019|
Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2019 Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.mercycorps.org.
Available Job Positions & Details
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
The following positions are available at Mercy Corps Nigeria. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: MEL Assistant
Reference Number: MDG/HUMOPS/2019/00084
Location: Ngala, Borno
Program / Department Summary
- Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development and conflict mitigation. With the insurgency spilling over from the Northeast of Nigeria and causing displacement of millions of individuals, Mercy Corps started its humanitarian response in 2014 to address the rising humanitarian needs. With funding from institutional donors, foundations and private corporations, Mercy Corps continues to provide assistance to meet the basic needs of vulnerable populations in the areas of food security, shelter, water and sanitation, protection, and livelihoods.
- With the recognition of the protracted crisis in Northeast Nigeria, Mercy Corps’ strategy and expansion plans aim to address the root causes of the crisis and seek to build long-term resilience of communities with integrated programs focusing on the recovery of markets and livelihoods, social cohesion and social protection, and youth empowerment with emphasis on adolescent girls and boys. With multiple funding streams from large institutional donors and foundations, Mercy Corps’ programs in Northeast Nigeria continue to scale up and serve communities by transitioning them from humanitarian aid to early recovery programs.
General Position Summary
- Under the direction of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer, the MEL Assistant will be responsible for the monitoring of project activities at project sites. These activities include: beneficiaries verification, monitoring of project activities, collecting data through surveys and interviews, participating in the assessments and submitting routine reports.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in data collection, illustrating project activities progress and impact
- Conduct beneficiary names verification, ensuring they meet agreed project target criteria
- Assist in monitoring of program activities, including distributions, trainings, to ensure that intended assistance is delivered to registered beneficiaries as scheduled,
- Ensure proper filing, handling and movement of project files
- Assist in data entry into the project databases
- Assist in designing data entry tools and monitoring tools, as required
- Share and document lessons learned
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
- Ensure all the activities are conducted in full respect to the humanitarian principles and in organized and dignified way
- Provide support to the MEL Officer in the design and uploading of forms into digital data collection platforms such as ODK/Ona.
- Participate in program and sector specific assessments, monitoring, surveys and evaluations. This will entail management of data collectors and facilitating results discussion
- Participate in surveys, assessments, Focus Groups Discussions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
- to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Reports Directly To: Senior MEL Officer
- Works Directly With: Northeast PAQ Unit, Northeast Program teams
Knowledge and Experience
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in a related field: social sciences, development studies, education, etc. or at least one year of work experience in a related discipline.
- Willingness, ability to perform field work and work under pressure.
- Have a good appreciation of technology in enhancing program and MEL related activities
- Excellent computer skills – Word and Excel are required;
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa is a must.
- Experience in community work with previous experience in project monitoring, preferably with an NGO within Borno States.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, analyzing and reporting.
- Ability to interact effectively with various community members, conducting him/herself with sensitivity and respect towards others
- S/he will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive communication skills and proven experience with capacity building.
- S/he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level. Successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit no more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
Address the position requirements in a sealed envelope with MEL Assistant boldly written to Mercy Corps Nigeria and submit at Mercy Corps Office Ngala, Borno State.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Interviews will be conducted at Ngala
- Residents and indigenes of Ngala that meets the above requirements are advised to apply
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line or Body of the envelope.
- CV and cover letter and should not be more than 4 pages
Application Deadline 15th November, 2019.
Things to Note Before Applying:
To apply for the Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment 2019. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
- Nigerian Army Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment
- Nigerian Police Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- SSS/DSS Recruitment
- Custom Servic Recruitment
- Fire Service Recruitment
- Civil Defence Recruitment
- FRSC Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- DPR Recruitment
- Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment
|Why Seviportal for Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment 2019 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment 2019 openings across Nigeria.|
|Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include Mercy Corps Nigeria recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though Mercy Corps Nigeria may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment 2019. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: