The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Recruitment 2019/2020 advertisement has been released and available below. www.afdb.org recruitment, African Development Bank Group Vacancies 2019 Application Form, African Development Bank Group Jobs 2019, African Development Bank Group Career Portal, Requirements for African Development Bank Group Recruitment 2019, African Development Bank Group Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||African Development Bank Group (AfDB)|
|Deadline||November 13, 2019|
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Recruitment 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2019 African Development Bank Group Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.afdb.org.
Available Job Positions & Details
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
The following positions are available at African Development Bank Group. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Administrative Assistant, AHAI0
Location: Abidjan, Cote D’ivoire
Position N°: 50001155
The Vice-Presidency for ‘Agriculture, Human, and Social Development’ is a Sector Complex focusing on two of the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy High 5s priority of “Feed Africa” and “Improve Quality of Life for the People of Africa”. The complex objectives are (i) to develop, policy and strategy; (ii) provide deep sector expertise to the Regions by gathering pools of experienced individuals who can be consulted to provide sector expertise on complex transactions; (iii) develop new financing instruments; (iv) the Vice President will act as the spokesperson to represent the Bank with external stakeholders on aspects of “Feed Africa” and Improve Quality of Life for the People of Africa”.
The Hiring Department / Division
- The Agriculture and Agro-Industry Department provides support for the delivery of Feed Africa: Strategy for Agricultural Transformation in Africa, 2016-2025.
- The strategy aims to end hunger and rural poverty in the next decade through self-sufficiency in eighteen (18) priority commodity value chains specific to the continent’s agro-ecological zones.
- Realizing the objectives set forth in the strategy requires increased productivity; value addition; investment in infrastructure; an enabling agribusiness environment; capital flows; and inclusivity, sustainability and effective nutrition.
- The Department leads the effort to transform African agricultural systems for greater competitiveness, inclusivity and sustainability, and for enhanced job creation and poverty reduction in Regional Member Countries.
- Under the general supervision of the Director AHAI, the Administrative Assistant will play a supportive role in the coordination and delivery of the unit.
- He/She will lead on the establishment and maintenance of all information management systems and databases (e.g. SAP) to enable the effective result-based management.
- He/She will generate information and reports to inform on the progress, achievements and outcomes of the AHAI funded projects and the AHAI as a whole.
- He/She will oversee the smooth operation of the offices’ support work and related systems by assuming responsibility for the organisation and coordination of work flow as well as reviewing, processing and executing a variety of accounting and resource management transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, Agriculture and Agro-industry Department (AHAI), the Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
- Manage systems; create and process expense reports in SAP.
- Assist the management in issues concerning resources such as the administrative budget; monitor and review expenses and bring issues to the attention of Manager.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual and mid-year budget review by inputting data and the monitoring thereof.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Take notes at meetings, write letters, and prepare minutes as requested.
- Assist where applicable with the programming of operational activities by using the appropriate software, entering project information and producing the Department’s various status reports i.e. CSPs, Active Projects, Portfolio Reviews, etc.
- Respond to inquiries on operational matters from Bank Executives; liaise with member countries and other staff; coordinate with other members of management and partners; work with other operations assistants, secretaries and groups in different locations.
- Carry out background research in field of competence and present in a logical manner.
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by management.
- Devise and maintain efficient office systems.
- Track and follow up on documents; deal with incoming email, faxes and general mail.
- Organize and attend to multiple meetings, appointments and events to ensure that responsible management are well prepared.
- Arrange travel, visa and accommodation; travel occasionally with management to provide general assistance.
- Create contracts for hiring consultants in DACON.
- Create contracts from projects in SAP.
- SAP entry of project information
- Initiate and prepare various administrative documents and forms, such as staff list, staff travels, staff absence (annual leave, home leave, excused absence and maternity leave) as well as statistical data when required on staff;
- Assist Task Managers in the preparation of reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree / Maîtrise or equivalent diploma, higher education in Business Administration, Economics and / or Statistics would be an asset;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of professional work experience in project management, work programme and budget preparation, and information management.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SAP and/or other integrated document management system).
- Good understanding of the functions, organization and procedures of the Bank; leadership; strong research capabilities and problem solving;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritization in its own program of work, ability to perform the tasks in a timely and effective manner;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions (The post holder will be considered as a local staff and will not have international terms and conditions of employment).
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted.
- Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered.
- The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 13th November, 2019.
Things To Know Before Applying
To apply for the African Development Bank Group Recruitment 2019. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest African Development Bank Group Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum African Development Bank Group Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
- Nigerian Army Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment
- Nigerian Police Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- SSS/DSS Recruitment
- Custom Servic Recruitment
- Fire Service Recruitment
- Civil Defence Recruitment
- FRSC Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- DPR Recruitment
- Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment
|Why Seviportal for African Development Bank Group Recruitment 2019 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for African Development Bank Group Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent African Development Bank Group Recruitment 2019 openings across Nigeria.|
|African Development Bank Group Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|African Development Bank Group Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include African Development Bank Group recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though African Development Bank Group may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the African Development Bank Group Recruitment 2019. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends: