Study in Wales are pleased to confirm a prestigious new scholarship programme for international students wishing to study at a Welsh University in 2021. The Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2021 is the first scholarship of its kind in Wales and is funded by the Global Wales Programme – a partnership between the Welsh Government, Universities Wales, The British Council and HEFCW.
The University of South Wales is proud to be part of this new scholarship scheme.
Number of Scholarships:
Three scholarships are available under this scheme through the University of South Wales.
Vietnam, India, the USA and countries of the European Union and payment will be via a tuition fee discount. View the full list of countries here.
Postgraduate Taught – A one year Masters course studied on a full time basis beginning in September 2022.
Click here to view eligibility, terms and conditions:
- Award of this scholarship is also subject to the Eligibility Criteria as published on the Global Wales Scholarship website. It is important that you read these fully before submitting your application.
- You must have submitted an application to study at the University of South Wales for a Master’s programme starting in 2021 before applying for the scholarship, click here to apply to study at the University of South Wales.
- Students studying for a PhD, MPhil, Masters by Research, Graduate Diploma in Law, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate or Erasmus programmes are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is for students following an eligible full-time PG 1 year Masters programme and the £10,000 will be deducted from the relevant tuition fee. Applicants will be responsible for funding the remainder of the tuition fees and living costs.
- Successful candidates will have their tuition fee levied at enrolment. Candidates must confirm acceptance of their scholarship, accept an offer of a place on a course and pay the deposit detailed in their offer.
- Scholarship holders, having accepted an award, are reasonably expected to co-operate in the University of South Wales recruitment activities and automatically agree to their names and details being released by the University’s International Office for marketing purposes.
How to apply?
Complete the application form on the Study in Wales website. You will need to include your University application number with your scholarship application. Applications submitted with invalid application numbers will not be considered.
Applications for the Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship programme must be received by:
20 June 2021 at 23.59 (BST)
The successful applicant will be notified by email after the deadline has passed. If you receive an offer of a scholarship, you will be asked to review and sign a scholarship contract. Failure to return this documentation by the deadline set will result in the University offering the scholarship to someone else.
Global Wales Scholarship:
University of South Wales International Office:
Please refer to our tuition fees and living costs pages to fully understand how these scholarships will affect your overall costs.
Contact us for any help and support you need